Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pop art sensation

The pop print was something that I have done within the past and a fun time doing so. The item that I choose was a small blue plastic basket, it seemed easy to draw but a pain to carve. So I thought it as a semi-hard challenge. I had originally wanted to go with a different item, but I had a sudden change of mind. This item seemed unique and plain at the same time to me. After I carved and printed the stamp enough to get me a tad bored with it, so my friend and I decided to take the printing a new way. We took the colors of the rainbow and ran them over the stamp and printed it. It was honestly beautiful to me and I loved it a lot. After that I was no longer bored with the stamp, more like, intrigued. I wanted to do more stamps afterward but sadly, we were done with said project.Overall I really enjoyed this project. Very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment